Thursday, May 08, 2008

13 Again, Part Deux -- Eve

I've received so many calls and emails asking for updates on my Teaser Post about my incredible news, so I thought it only fair to appease the thousands of readers out there (okay, three) who've been politely asking.

Oh! You thought I meant that news? Oh, no, we're not talking book news here. No, I'm talking about the fact that my sister Amy and I got to meet Duran Duran last weekend backstage at the Santa Barbara Bowl!

As young teens, all my girlfriends and I ever wanted was to meet the boys of Duran Duran. I swear I'm going to write a YA book based on our crazy antics. Funny that after all these years, my inner 13-year-old still pops out upon hearing one of their songs (and certainly upon meeting them in person...who knew??). My words cannot adequately express how insanely cool it was to finally meet the band of my dreams after worshiping their awesomeness for 25 years!

I'll let the pictures (and quotes) speak for me...


Eve & Amy: We are so excited! They'd better come backstage before we hurl!


Amy: Seriously, dude. I'm gonna hurl. Not joking. Seriously.


Eve: OMG, Nick. I want to marry you!
Nick: Uh, yeah, thanks, but you should have called me when I was between wives.


Roger: If I had one wish, I would wish for Evie to smooch me!


John: OMG, Evie! I've been waiting 25 years to meet you too!


Duran Duran: We love Amy and Eve. They are our most favorite fans ever!

- Eve

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jealous...
Jealous...
JEALOUS!!!

Cute pics. Wish I could have been there!

-C.J.

Anonymous said...

I AM SO FREAKING JEALOUS! :)

John was always my favorite. Eve, when I meet you at SCBWI LA, don't freak if I touch you because you've touched John!

Disco Mermaids said...

Ah, yes, jealously all around.

The whole thing was a blur...very surreal. Have to say, I was surprised that John was the absolute friendliest of them all. The others seemed kind of out of it, like they were either high on something or distracted.

Or maybe they were just bored. Or overcome by our beauty and sparkling personalities! Yeah, I'm going with that one.

Jodi Lyn...touch away! I totally get it!

Eve

Disco Mermaids said...

Okay, how freaking cute is John Taylor, huh!?!? Yep, I'm jealous too, I'll admit it.

And you and Amy look smokin' in blue!

:-)
Robin

CJ Omololu said...

AWESOME!
Her name is Evie and she dances on the sand....

Disco Mermaids said...

I promise we did not plan on wearing matching outfits, it's just that Amy and I have the same brain and always end up picking out similar outfits to wear!

Does it look as if the boys have disproportionately large heads? Or do Amy and I just have pea-heads? Can't figure it out.

Eve

Anonymous said...

1. They have large heads. For sure.

2. Where is Roger's right hand in that last photo?

Anonymous said...

Those guys were loving every moment of posing with you two ladies! How cute! Glad you finally got a shoe-in. The highlight of my weekend so far? I finally got the cough syrup stains out of the carpet. HA.

Disco Mermaids said...

Oh, Kimberly Lynn, cough syrup stains are the worst.

Normally my life is not all this exciting, believe me. Highlights of this week? Scrubbing pomegranate juice stains from the carpet where my puppies knocked over a glass, purchasing new fluffy pet toys to replace the ones they gutted and replanting the flowers they trampled to death.

Woo! I'm having too much fun. Somebody stop me!

And Kelly, wouldn't you like to know the answer to question #2 ? Okay, I'll tell you. If you look carefully, you'll see Roger's right hand...tucked in his back pocket!

Eve

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

How fricken cool is that?? You ALL look like you're having the best time with the photos.Having met you I would have to say that overcome by beauty and sparkling personalities is the reason for the spaciness. I too, am a bit jelous though...I had all their albums in highschool.

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you at the concert Eve - and fun to meet your sister. I can't believe she came all the way from Florida. The concert was fantastic! They played everything and then some. I think a good time was had by all - especially you! Cheers, Angela