Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It’s Just Me—Robin

Did I just hear a collective ‘sigh’? I know we’re all waiting to hear some “big” news from Jay, but we’re going to have to wait just a little bit longer. This stuff takes time and it might just be worth waiting for! A couple of things still need to be figured out (a couple…or six things! OH! Hush my mouth!)

Meanwhile…I found myself having a happy moment today in front of Denny’s.
No, I hadn’t just eaten my third helping of bacon (like I’d do that!) I was sitting in my car when the cell phone rang. It was from another area code. That could only mean one thing: they tracked me down for that parking ticket I got in Wichita.

But no, it wasn’t the parking police. It was an agent! She read the first three chapters of my middle grade novel, “DUDE, WHERE’S MY LOCKER?” (it’s a very serious literary piece of work!) She said she laughed out loud. She loved it. She wants to read it. Right now!

“Holy _______!” I said in honor of Lisa Yee.

Then I drove home, emailed this oh-so-smart agent, then called Jay. “DUDE, WHERE’S OUR ANNOUNCEMENT!!??”

But we’ll just have to wait….Okay, all together…SIGH!

Or for those potty mouths like myself…(________________!!)

--Robin

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF?!?!? Eve didn't even call me yesterday to let me know what happened. Oh well, I'll just wait for the news. And I know I can't call her until double digits CA time. Anyways, Robin, I'm sooo excited about your call yesterday - a harbinger of many good things to come, I'm sure. LAmy

Anonymous said...

OOH! I am going to Denny's RIGHT NOW and hope someone calls ME.

Congrats, Robin!

Anonymous said...

You ARE having a great week!

You guys rock!

Anonymous said...

Disco Mermaids, SMACKIN' down the doors of the establishment!

Kristen

Disco Mermaids said...

Thanks everyone! It HAS been a great week. For all of us. Pretty weird.
It's like the three of us are 'regulating our cycles' together. (Jay just said, "ohhh, that's gross" and Eve just said, "I don't get it.")

-Robin

Greg Pincus said...

Great to hear, Robin. "Laugh out loud" is always music to my ears. Well, unless there's pointing at me involved first....

Y'all rock.

Disco Mermaids said...

I've gotta know, since you're quoting Lisa with a fill-in-the-blank, did she use the word cow or moley?

- Jay

Disco Mermaids said...

I'm assuming she would have said "Holy Batwings, Batman!"
Isn't that obvious?
-Robin

Anonymous said...

Robin, m'dear, I am so PSYCHED an agent wants to read all that drivel (OOPS), I mean, fabulous writing of yours! This is good good good! (good)

Got my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed till that agent says "I want you, dahlin'!"

hugses,
Thalia